Setting up a Single Node Openstack Environment
April 26, 2013 76 Comments
Here we are going to deploy openstack on a single node, i.e all openstack components Nova, Glance, Keystone, Quantum and Horizon will be running in the same box. Nova-compute is also running on the same machine which will provision virtual machines on the KVM.
Ubuntu 12.04 running on Oracle VirtualBox with two NIC ‘s.
- Setup a ubuntu virtual machine in virtualBox.
- Add a second NIC to the VM.
- Power Off the Virtual Machine
- Right Click on the VM and select settings
- In the Network Section select Adapter 2 tab
- Select “Attached to:” to internal
- Power On the VM
- When the VM boots up configure to network for second NIC
- Edit /etc/network/interfaces to something like
- Restart Network service
service networking restart
- You can verify your network setting using “ ifconfig ”
- Login to the ubuntu VM.
- Change the user to root.
- If your network is behind proxy then please export proxy variables.
- Install git on the machine
apt-get update -y
apt-get install git -y
- Clone the CloudGear git to install Openstack
- Execute the script to set up openstack
- Open Openstack Dashboard in browser from URL http://<controller-ip>/horizon
- Login with credentials admin/secret
- Add a image into Glance
Download image from the given link :http://download.cirros-cloud.net/0.3.1/cirros-0.3.1-x86_64-disk.img
- Create Network for Virtual Machines.
- Create subnet for the network created above.
- Launch a instance from the Project Tab , Instances page.
- Once VM is successfully spawned it will show as ACTIVE in Instances page.
- Select Console tab to view VM console.